Premier Brian Pallister said vaccines are no longer the No. 1 limiting factor in battling the pandemic. Now that nearly 70% of Manitobans have been vaccinated, the largest challenge is convincing the other 30% to get vaccinated, he explained.
“Epidemiologists call this vaccine hesitancy, and there are various reasons for it,” he said. “It could include your physical location, where you are. It might be a mobility issue. It might be a language barrier. It might be cultural or religious concerns. We have to get past the 70% vaccination mark. We must get to 75%, then to 80% and 85% and higher. Those numbers are achievable and necessary so we can get our freedoms back.
And my spider sense is telling me that all this goes out the window as long as hospitalization and ICU numbers stay where they are.