What the Doug Ford Government means for the Energy Sector – the great unwynnding;
“Premier Doug Ford ran and won on a platform labeled For the People: A Plan for Ontario. The platform set out Ford’s energy plan, in its entirety, as follows:
• Clean up the Hydro Mess and fire the board of Hydro One and its $6-million-dollar CEO.
• Our first act will be to end the Liberal practice of making millionaires from your hydro bills!
• Stop sweetheart deals by scrapping the Green Energy Act.
• Cut hydro rates by 12% for families, farmers, and small businesses by:
• Returning Hydro One dividend payments to families.
• Stopping the Liberal practice of burying the price tag for conservation programs in your hydro bills and instead pay for these programs out of general government revenue.
• Cancel energy contracts that are in the pre-construction phase and re-negotiate other energy contracts.
• Declare a moratorium on new energy contracts.
• Eliminate enormous salaries at Ontario Power Generation and Hydro One.